Reports to Area Manager
Minimise theft within retail premises
Arrest suspected shoplifters (adhering to ASCONE)
Carry out civil recovery on shoplifters where applicable
Provide uniformed presence within retail premises
Provide safe and secure working environment for all staff
Provide safe and secure environment for all shoppers
· To maintain a high-profile visual deterrent on the sales floor to prevent theft.
· Maintain working knowledge of Assignment Instructions and Risk Assessments.
· To patrol the shop floor to prevent and detect theft and only as a last resort detain persons for theft (strictly adhering to ASCONE procedure).
· To arrest any persons found committing an indictable offence within the confines of the store ensuring that any such arrest is carried out within the law and in accordance with store policies and procedures.
· Carry out initial investigations and report both verbally and in writing on incidents of theft and suspicious activities.
· Obtain statements from witnesses.
· Complete civil recovery procedures where appropriate.
· To maintain good order on the shop floor and discourage anti-social behaviour.
· Refuse admission to or escort undesirable elements from the store.
· Convey store policies and emergency procedures to visitors.
· To advise customers politely when the store is closing for the day.
· Maintain high standards of conduct and personal presentation (smart, clean, and tidy in full Lodge uniform, polished shoes and displaying ID and SIA badge), at all times.
· To liaise with the store management to reduce theft, develop and maintain good relations with the local police officers and assist in the implementation of local crime prevention initiatives.
· To report to store management daily and/or in accordance with that agreed between store and Lodge Service Retail.
· Under the direct supervision of store management to assist and participate as a witness when required in staff locker and bag searches.
· To monitor merchandise displays and to report to management any known or suspected loss.
· To monitor CCTV (If carrying a valid SIA CCTV License) if the store has them in use.
· Monitor and record all CCTV incidents correctly.
· Report all serious incidents (wrongful arrests, physical assaults, fire, flood, bomb evacuations etc), to the Area Manager immediately and in any event, within 24 hours.
· Maintain records on a daily basis of all arrests, deters and nuisance customers, for use on KPI’s and potential legal requirements, utilising pocket notebooks, incident reports and other appropriate documentation.
· Submit KPI Indicator figures when requested by Area Manager.
The above description does not necessarily itemise all jobs the job holder will be required to do.
Tagged as: N3